[geometry-ml:05520] OIST Analysis on metric spaces seminar on Jan 22nd, Monday 10-11 am

Xiaodan Zhou XIAODAN.ZHOU @ OIST.JP
2024年 1月 15日 (月) 09:28:03 JST

Dear all,

This is Xiaodan Zhou from Analysis on metric spaces unit at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University.

The next talk of our seminar is scheduled on next Monday, January 22nd 10-11 am.

Speaker: Sylvester Eriksson-Bique, University of Jyvaskyla

Title: Different definitions of conformal dimension are (essentially) equal!

Abstract: I want to tell you about something that came out of OIST. Last May OIST hosted a workshop in analysis, random walks and potential theory on metric spaces, which showcased some exciting developments in these areas. I was fortunate to participate, and the topics of the conference prompted discussions with another participant Mathav Murugan, who told about an open problem regarding the conformal dimension of the Sierpinski carpet. The question asks, if different definitions of this notion are equal. Through discussions at the workshop, I solved this question. I will explain the problem, the notions of conformal dimension, and the crucial tool: a new notion of discrete modulus. There are roughly two approaches classically to define discrete modulus, and this new approach lies roughly in between the two — in such a way, that it can benefit from good estimates in both of the worlds. I will try to give definitions of the main concepts and some motivation.

You can obtain a zoom link through the following registration page:
https://oist.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMvfuyvqTwvE9Ly4MJmTphAH-b_9_NHLz0y#/registration

More information of the seminar can be found here:
https://groups.oist.jp/aoms/2021-summer-analysis-metric-spaces-seminar-0

Please feel free to forward the information to anyone who may be interested. We look forward to seeing you in the seminar.

The speaker is currently visiting OIST through OIST visiting program. OIST also offers a domestic visitor program with flexible visiting time and requirements. One can find more information in https://groups.oist.jp/tsvp/application-domestic-visiting-scholars

Best regards,
Xiaodan Zhou

Analysis on Metric Spaces Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp<mailto:xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp>
https://groups.oist.jp/aoms