はま中

Date: 5pm (JST), 21th(Thu) December 2023

Speaker: Meer Ashwinkumar (Bern)

Title : Dualities and Discretizations of Integrable Quantum Field Theories
from 4d Chern-Simons Theory

Abstract : We elucidate the relationship between 2d integrable field
theories and 2d integrable lattice models, in the framework of the 4d
Chern-Simons theory. The 2d integrable field theory is realized by coupling
the 4d theory to multiple 2d surface order defects, each of which is then
discretized into 1d defects. We find that the resulting defects can be
dualized into Wilson lines, so that the lattice of discretized defects
realizes integrable lattice models. Our discretization procedure works
systematically for a broad class of integrable models (including
trigonometric and elliptic models), and uncovers a rich web of new
dualities among integrable field theories. We also study the anomaly-inflow
mechanism for the integrable models, which is required for the quantum
integrability of field theories. By analyzing the anomalies of chiral
defects, we derive a new set of bosonization dualities between
generalizations of massless Thirring models and coupled Wess-Zumino-Witten
(WZW) models. We study an embedding of our setup into string theory, where
the thermodynamic limit of the lattice models is realized by polarizations
of D-branes.

This talk is based on arXiv:2309.14412, in collaboration with Dr. Jun-ichi
Sakamoto and Prof. Masahito Yamazaki.

Zoom link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89560049631?pwd=aEgrZ3FwSWNGVmxyQXNaTVJrNDRodz09

Website: