Speaker: Masaki Natori (the University of Tokyo)
Title: An alternative proof of Bott periodicity theorem using configuration
spaces and bulk-edge correspondence
Date/Time: 16:00-17:30, Friday, May 26, 2023

Speaker: Yuto Moriwaki (RIKEN)
Title: Bootstrap hypothesis in two-dimension and the operad structure on
moduli spaces
Date/Time: 16:00-17:30, Friday, June 9, 2023
Abstract: Conformal field theory is believed to be consistent
(well-defined) if it satisfies the bootstrap equation. This claim is called
the bootstrap hypothesis and is used, for example, in the numerical
calculation of critical exponents for the 3-D Ising model. In this talk, we
will formulate the bootstrap hypothesis mathematically in the
two-dimensional case and give a proof under certain conditions. The
consistency of 2d conformal field theory comes down to the representation
theory of chiral conformal field theory (vertex operator algebra), and the
important step in the proof is to show that the operad of the moduli spaces
of punctured Riemann spheres acts topologically on the representation
category of the vertex operator algebra. From this point of view, the
bootstrap equation is a generator of a certain groupoid operad, and the
consistency follows. This result is inspired by Huang-Kong's full field
algebra, but we believe that our approach makes their result more
conceptually comprehensible.

Zoom リンクご希望の方は下記ページで登録をお願いします.(リンクは毎回同じですので登録済みの方は
再登録は不要です.)
https://www.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~yasuyuki/crest-seminar.htm

河東泰之