[geometry-ml:04824] 東工大幾何学セミナーのお知らせ(8月23日)

Kotaro Yamada kotaro @ math.titech.ac.jp
2022年 8月 16日 (火) 16:53:16 JST

幾何学メイリングリストの皆様

以下のように東工大幾何学セミナーを開催しますのでお知らせいたします.
定例と曜日・場所が異なりますのでご注意ください.

  日時:2022年8月23日(火)16:00--18:00
  場所:352セミナー室(大岡山キャンパス本館3階)
	Zoom (ハイブリッド予定)
	URL は当日午前中に
	http://www.math.titech.ac.jp/~kotaro/research-jp.html
	にて公開します.
  講演者・タイトル:
    16:00-16:50 Denis Polly (Kobe Univ.)
        Discrete Weierstrass-type representations

    17:00-17:50 Udo Hertrich-Jeromin (TU-Wien)
        Symmetry breaking in geometry

  アブストラクト:
     Polly: Discrete Weierstrass-type representations have played a crucial role
     in the development of integrable discrete differential geometry. They were
     used to define discrete analogues of important surface classes such as
     minimal surfaces in Euclidean space and surfaces of constant mean curvature
     1 in hyperbolic space.
     In this talk, we present a sphere geometric interpretation of many
     well-known Weierstrass-type representations. In pursuit of that we discuss
     discrete isothermic sphere congruences and discrete Omega nets from the
     point of view of Laguerre geometry. We will recover Weierstrass-type
     representations as certain applications of the Omega transformation.
     The presented results are taken from a joint project with Mason Pember
     and Masashi Yasumoto.

     Jeromin: We shall investigate a geometric mechanism that may, in analogy to
     similar notions in physics, be considered as "symmetry breaking" in
     geometry and see various ways in which this mechanism materializes - hoping
     to extract patterns that may lead to a deeper understanding of how
     "symmetry breaking phenomena" in geometry come about and how they compare
     to symmetry breaking phenomena known from physics.

東京工業大学
本多宣博・梅原雅顕・山田光太郎