[geometry-ml:04518] OIST Analysis on metric spaces seminar this week

Xiaodan Zhou XIAODAN.ZHOU @ OIST.JP
2021年 11月 15日 (月) 08:37:00 JST

Dear all,

This is Xiaodan Zhou from Analysis on metric spaces unit at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University.

The next talk of our seminar is scheduled on this coming Friday, November 19th 9 am.

Speaker: Mario Bonk, UCLA

Title: Fractals and the dynamics of Thurston maps

Abstract:
A Thurston map is a branched covering map on a topological 2-sphere for which the forward orbit of each critical point under iteration is finite.  Each such map gives rise to a fractal geometry on its underlying 2-sphere. The study of these maps and their associated  fractal structures links diverse  areas of mathematics such as dynamical systems, classical conformal analysis, hyperbolic geometry, Teichmüller theory,  and analysis on metric spaces.  In my talk I will report on some recent developments.

You can obtain a zoom link through the following registration page:
https://oist.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAtcOGqrDsrE9KqW7_5WOdtPTZ2XEJIqo6-

More information of the seminar can be found here:
https://groups.oist.jp/aoms/2021-summer-analysis-metric-spaces-seminar-0

Please feel free to contact me if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Xiaodan Zhou

Analysis on Metric Spaces Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp<mailto:xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp>

https://groups.oist.jp/aoms