[geometry-ml:04434] Ph D study at Penn State

Noriaki Ikeda nikeda @ se.ritsumei.ac.jp
2021年 9月 9日 (木) 10:54:07 JST

皆様

Ping Xu 氏 pxx22004 @ gmail.com より Pennsylvania State University の大学院生
の募集のお知らせがありましたので転送いたします。

興味のある学生にお知らせいただけると幸いです。

Ping Xu 氏のメールアドレスは pxx22004 @ gmail.com となります。

池田憲明

I am writing to see if you have any Bachelor or Master students
who might be interested in doing a PhD at Penn State in my group.
If so, could you please encourage them to contact me so I could guide
them through the application process?  Students with a Bachelor degree by
August 2022 are qualified to apply, and   Master degree is ``not" required.

As you may know, the PhD admission process at US universities is quite
different from that in Japan. Candidates must apply online. Our graduate
recruiting committee accepts about 30 incoming PhD students each year
from among all applicants; accepted students will automatically be
provided financial aid (about USD 27,315-USD 29,250/year) plus a full
tuition waiver for 6 years starting the Fall semester 2022
(end of August 2022).  Students in my group will be
getting additional support from my NSF grant (about  USD 6000/summer)
when they start doing research.  As part of the application,
prospective students must take two standardized exams — a language
test called TOEFL and a math knowledge test called GRE — and submit
their exam scores. The GRE requirement can be waived this year
  due to the ongoing pandemic.  However, the TOEFL is absolutely needed
but the exam can be taken at home this year rather than at an official
test center.

Here is the website describing the application process (please feel free
to forward to whoever might be interested) in Penn State:

https://science.psu.edu/math/graduate/admission

The deadline is  Dec 30, 2021. Please pass this information to whoever
might be interested in.

Thanks very much!

Best, Ping