[geometry-ml:02949] Job position at Kavli IPMU -- Associate or Full professor in Mathematics

Todor Milanov todor.milanov @ ipmu.jp
2017年 4月 3日 (月) 21:02:21 JST

Dear all,

I would like to forward the following advertisement for a job position at Kavli IPMU.

The Kavli IPMU invites applicants for an Associate or Full professor position(s) in the field of mathematics. The successful candidate is expected to take a leadership role in the mathematics research at Kavli IPMU, and create a strong synergy between mathematics and other research fields of Kavli IPMU: theoretical and experimental particle physics, cosmological
physics, astronomy, and statistics to pursue our goal. We are particularly interested in candidates with broad interests to interact with scientists in other fields at Kavli IPMU.

We seek to build a diverse, highly interactive membership and female and international applicants are strongly encouraged.

The application should include a CV, research statement, publication list, and at least six letters of recommendation.

They should be uploaded at http://www.ipmu.jp/en/job-opportunities/Math2017
(You need the registration of AcademicJobsOnline.org)

The search is open until filled, but for full considerations please submit the applications and letters by April 21st, 2017.

Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe (Kavli IPMU), The University of Tokyo Institutes for Advanced Study, is an international research institute with English as its official language established in October 2007. The goal of the institute is to discover the fundamental laws of nature and to understand the universe from the synergistic perspectives of mathematics, theoretical and experimental physics, astronomy, and statistics.

Kavli IPMU is on the Kashiwa campus of the University of Tokyo. More than a half of its full-time scientific members come from outside Japan. Its annual budget is approximately $13M. Kavli IPMU has a satellite in Kamioka to maintain close connection with groups working on underground experiments.

Todor Eliseev Milanov
Associate Professor
Kavli IPMU,  Japan

todor.milanov @ ipmu.jp