Speaker: Ezra Getzler (Northwestern U)
Date: Tue, Dec 01, 2015, 15:30 - 17:00
Place: Kavli IPMU, Seminar Room B

Title: The Batalin-Vilkovisky formalism of the spinning particle

Abstract: We show that the axiom of Felder and Kazhdan on the vanishing of the cohomology groups in negative degree associat
ed to solutions of the classical master equation in the Batalin-Vilkovisky formalism is violated by the spinning particle in
 a flat background coupled to D=1 supergravity. In this model, there are nontrivial cohomology groups in all negative degree
s, regardless of the dimension of the spacetime in which the spinning particle is propagating.

Todor Eliseev Milanov
Associate Professor
Kavli IPMU,  Japan

todor.milanov @ ipmu.jp