[geometry-ml:02298] Two MS seminars in IPMU -- Anatoly Libgober (UIC) and Yefeng Shen (Stanford U)

Todor Milanov todor.milanov @ ipmu.jp
2015年 3月 5日 (木) 09:54:07 JST

Dear all,

I would like to announce the following two Mathematics and String theory seminars next week

1) Anatoly Libgober	(U of Illinois, Chicago)
Tue, Mar 10, 2015, 13:15 - 14:45
Seminar Room A, Kavli IPMU

Title: Elliptic genus of phases of N=2 theories

Abstract: I will describe a construction from my recent preprint with the same title which assigns elliptic genus to Witten's phases of N=2 theories which include the elliptic genus of Landau-Ginzburg models associated with weighted homogeneous polynomials, elliptic genus of Calabi-Yau manifolds and elliptic genus of hybrid models. In particular, using this construction one can derive LG/CY correspondence for elliptic genus from McKay correspondence. In the final part of the talk I discuss a recent paper with L. Borisov on Pfaffian-Grassmannian double mirrors.

2) Yefeng Shen (Stanford U)
Wed, Mar 11, 2015, 13:15 - 14:45
Seminar Room A, Kavli IPMU

Title: An LG-LG mirror theorem

Abstract: For a Landau-Ginzburg model with the superpotential
a quasi-homogenous polynomial singularity, there are two mathematical
theories with very difference geometric flavor. The A-model is the FJRW
theory of the singularity, which describes the moduli problem of the
corresponding Witten equations and its intersection theory; while the
B-model is the Saito-Givental theory, where the genus zero part comes from
the universal unfolding of the singularity and the theory of primitive
forms. I will talk about a mirror theorem between these two Landau-Ginzburg
models at all genera, i.e., the FJRW theory of an invertible
quasi-homogenous polynomial is equivalent to the Saito-Givental theory of
the mirror polynomial. This work is joint with Weiqiang He, Si Li, and
Rachel Webb.

Todor Eliseev Milanov
Associate Professor
Kavli IPMU,  Japan