[geometry-ml:01355] Seminar at IPMU on 11/8 Cheltsov

Satoshi Kondo satoshi.kondo @ gmail.com
2011年 11月 7日 (月) 10:32:03 JST

Dear colleagues:

We announce the following seminar at IPMU
(the Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe).

Regards,

Satoshi Kondo (IPMU)
http://ipmu.jp/

===========
Speaker: Ivan Cheltsov (Edinburgh)

Time: Nov 8 (Tue) 10:30-12:00

Place: Seminar room A

Title: What are higher-dimensional analogues of D_n, E_6, E_7 and E_8
singularities?

Abstract:
Exceptional and weakly-exceptional singularities were introduced by
Slava Shokurov in his famous paper on 3-fold log flips. Exceptional
two-dimensional singularities are exactly singularities of type E_6,
E_7 and E_8. Weakly-exceptional two-dimensional singularities are
exactly singularities of type D and E_6, E_7 and E_8. Exceptional
quotient singularities of dimension up to 7 have been classified by
Yura Prokhorov, Dima Markushevich, me and Costya Shramov.
Weakly-exceptional quotient singularities of dimension 3 and 4 have
been classified by my PhD student Dima Sakovich. In my talk I will
sketch a geometric weakly-exceptionality criterion for
five-dimensional and six-dimentional quotient singularities. I will
also explain how this is related to Fano orbifolds and Kahler-Einstein
metrics on them. This is a joint work with Costya Shramov.
You can check the location from
http://www.ipmu.jp/access/img/KashiwaCampusMap.png
The schedule of the seminar can be checked from
http://db.ipmu.jp/seminar/