[geometry-ml:01172] 談話会のお知らせ

佐藤信哉 nobuya @ rikkyo.ac.jp
2010年 11月 25日 (木) 18:03:27 JST

幾何学MLの皆様,

2010年12月の談話会を下記の要領にて行います.多数のご参加をお待ちしています.

日 時  :  12月1日(水)17時から18時

場 所  : 立教大学池袋キャンパス4号館4階4412教室 \\
講 演 者 : Daniel Sternheimer (立教大学理学部数学科 & Institut de Math\'ematiques de
Bourgogne, Dijon, France )

講演題目:Deformations, Quantizations, and the Geometry of Space-Time: An
Introductory Overview

Abstract: We present, from an epistemological point of view,

the evolution of physical concepts in the context of the relation

between mathematics and physics. We stress the importance of

symmetries and of space-time in fundamental physical theories and

show that the above evolution is best understood in the framework of

the mathematical notion of deformation. The concepts of relativity and

of quantization are important paradigms. We then briefly overview

deformation quantization and its many avatars, including quantum

groups and non commutative geometries.

In the last part we explain how deforming the space-time of Einstein,

Lorentz and Minkowski and its Lie group of symmetries leads to

a fruitful object which together with its group of symmetries is

referred as AdS or \lq\lq anti de Sitter space". The study of AdS has

significant physical consequences. One example is that massless

particles in four dimensional space-time like photons become, in a way

compatible with quantum electrodynamics, composites of massless particles

in three dimensional space-time called singletons. We end by describing

an ongoing program in which anti de Sitter would be quantized in

some regions related to black holes, speculating that this might

explain the creation of matter in a universe in accelerated expansion.

問い合わせ先

立教大学理学部

数学教室談話会係

佐藤 信哉