[geometry-ml:01060] Knots, Contact Geometry and Floer Homology

Hiroshi Goda goda @ cc.tuat.ac.jp
2010年 4月 28日 (水) 13:19:46 JST

皆様

5月24日ー28日に東大数理にて下記研究集会を開催いたしますので,
ご案内いたします.

追加情報,変更などありましたら web site

http://faculty.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~kch2010/index.html

にてお伝えしますので,ご留意下さい.

東京農工大学
合田洋

             Knots, Contact Geometry and Floer Homology

                 The University of Tokyo
                    May 24 - 28, 2010

Lecture Hall
Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences
The University of Tokyo

May 24 (Mon)
 9:30--10:30 Andras Juhasz  (University of Cambridge)
11:00--12:00 Paul Kirk (Indiana University)
13:30--14:30 Matt Hedden  (Michigan State University)
15:00--16:00 Dylan Thurston  (Columbia University)
16:20--17:20  Takuya Sakasai  (Tokyo Institute of Technology)

May 25 (Tue)
 9:30--10:30 Michael Hutchings  (University of California, Berkeley)
11:00--12:00 Sergiy Maksymenko (Institute of Mathematics of NAS of Ukraine)
13:30--14:30 Kaoru Ono (Hokkaido University)
15:00--16:00 Tobias Ekholm (Uppsala University)
16:20--17:20  Vera Vertesi (MSRI, Berkeley)
18:00--20:00  Banquet

May 26 (Wed)
 9:30--10:30 Nikolai Saveliev  (The University of Miami)
11:00--12:00 Kenji Fukaya  (Kyoto University)

May 27 (Thu)
 9:30--10:30 Andras Stipsicz  (Renyi Institute of Mathematics)
11:00--12:00 Lenhard  Ng  (Duke University)
13:30--14:30 Vincent Colin (University of Nantes)
15:00--16:00 John Etnyre  (Georgia Institute of Technology)
16:20--17:20  Masaharu Ishikawa (Tohoku University)

May 28 (Fri)
 9:30--10:30  Eleny Ionel  (Stanford University)
11:00--12:00 Ko Honda  (University of Southern California)

----------

Titles and Abstracts:

Tobias Ekholm

Title:
Symplectic homology of 4-dimensional Weinstein manifolds and Legendrian
homology of links

Abstract:
We show how to compute the symplectic homology of a 4-dimensional
Weinstein manifold from a diagram of the Legendrian link which is the
attaching locus of its 2-handles. The computation uses a combination of
a generalization of Chekanov's  description of the Legendrian homology
of links in standard contact 3-space, where the ambient contact manifold
is replaced by a connected sum of S^2 \times S^1's, and resent results on the
behavior of holomorphic curve invariants under Legendrian surgery.

----------

John Etnyre

Title:
Contact geometry, open books and monodromy

Abstract:
Recall that an open book decomposition of a 3-manifold M is a link L in M
whose complement fibers over the circle with fiber a Seifert surface for L. Giroux's
correspondence relates open book decompositions of a manifold M to contact structures on M.
This correspondence has been fundamental to our understanding of contact geometry.
An intriguing question raised by this correspondence is how geometric properties of
a contact structure are reflected in the monodromy map describing the open book decomposition.
In this talk I will show that there are several interesting monoids in the mapping class group
that are related to various properties of a contact structure
(like being Stein fillable, weakly fillable, . . .).
I will also show that there are open book decompositions of Stein fillable contact structures
whose monodromy cannot be factored as a product of positive Dehn twists.
If time permits I will also discuss how natural constructions on one side of the Giroux
correspondence affect the other.  This is joint work with Jeremy Van Horn-Morris and Ken Baker.

----------

Matt Hedden

Title:
An invariant for knots in a contact manifold

Abstract:
Given a contact structure on a 3-manifold, Y, I will
define an integer-valued invariant of knots in Y by combining the
knot Floer homology invariants and the contact invariant in
Ozsvath-Szabo theory. Applications will be discussed.

----------

Masaharu Ishikawa

Title:
On the compatible contact structures of fibered Seifert links
in homology 3-spheres

Abstract:
The notion of compatible contact structures of open book
decompositions of 3-manifolds was introduced by
W. Thurston and H. Winkelnkemper, and developed by E. Giroux.
We are studying which open book decompositions are compatible
with tight contact structures. The answer to this question
is very simple for the fibered Seifert links in positively-twisted
Seifert fibered homology 3-spheres.

Theorem: Let L be a fibered Seifert link in a positively-twisted
Seifert fibered homology 3-sphere. Then, the compatible
contact structure of L is tight if and only if the orientation of L
is consistent with the orientation of fibers of the Seifert fibration.

To prove this theorem, we construct the compatible contact
structure explicitly. In this talk, we present this construction
and also explain some further studies.

----------

Andras Juhasz

Title:
Cobordisms of sutured manifolds

Abstract:
Sutured manifolds are compact oriented 3-manifolds with boundary,
together with a set of dividing curves on the boundary. Sutured Floer
homology is an invariant of balanced sutured manifolds that is a common
generalization of the hat version of Heegaard Floer homology and knot Floer
homology. I will define cobordisms between sutured manifolds, and show that
they induce maps on sutured Floer homology, providing a type of TQFT. As a
consequence, one gets maps on knot Floer homology induced by decorated knot
cobordisms.

----------

Paul Kirk

Title:
Instantons, Chern-Simons invariants, and  Whitehead doubles of
(2, 2^k-1) torus knots

Abstract:
We revisit an argument of Furuta, using SO(3) instanton
moduli spaces on 4-manifolds with boundary and estimates of Chern-
Simons invariants of flat SO(3) connections on 3-manifolds to prove
that the infinite family of untwisted positive clasped Whitehead
doubles of the (2, 2^k-1) torus knots are linearly independent in
the smooth knot concordance group. (joint work with Matt Hedden)

---------

Lenhard Ng

Title:
Enhanced knot contact homology and transverse knots

Abstract:
We describe an enhanced version of knot contact homology that yields
invariants of topological knots and transverse knots in R^3. In
particular, this constitutes a surprisingly effective invariant of
transverse knots, and we are able to show transverse nonsimplicity for
several new knot types.

----------

Kaoru Ono

Title:
Lagrangian Floer theory on compact toric manifolds

Abstract:
K. Fukaya, Y.-G. Oh, H. Ohta and I have developed
Floer theory of Lagrangian submanifolds.  In the case of
Lagrangian torus fibers in compact toric manifolds,
the theory is governed by the potential function.
I plan to explain some application of this theory.

----------

Takuya Sakasai

Title:
Homology cylinders and knot theory

Abstract:
This is a joint work with Hiroshi Goda (Tokyo University of Agriculture
and Technology).

Homology cylinders over a surface defined by Goussarov and Habiro play
an important role in the recent theory of mapping class groups and
finite-type invariants of 3-manifolds. Several invariants have been
constructed to study the structure of the monoid and related groups of
homology cylinders.

In this talk, we focus on higher-order Alexander invariants of homology
cylinders and discuss how they can be applied to knot theory by introducing
a class of knots called homologically fibered knots. Relationships to
(the decategorification of) sutured Floer homology are also mentioned.

----------

Nikolai Saveliev

Title:
Seiberg-Witten invariants and end-periodic Dirac operators

Abstract:
This research is a part of the ongoing project with Tomasz Mrowka and
Daniel Ruberman. We study the Seiberg-Witten equations on smooth spin
4-manifolds X with integral homology of S^1 \times S^3. The count of their
solutions, known as the Seiberg-Witten invariant of X, depends on the
choices of Riemannian metric and perturbation. We resolve this dependency
issue by introducing a correction term which is in essence the L^2 index
of the Dirac operator on a manifold with periodic end modeled on the
infinite cyclic cover of X. The corrected count is a smooth invariant of X
whose reduction is the Rohlin invariant. We discuss some calculations of
this invariant, as well as our progress towards the general index theorem
on manifolds with periodic ends.

----------

Andras Stipsicz

Title:
Tight contact structures and Dehn surgery

Abstract:
Suppose that the 3-manifold Y is given by Dehn surgery on
a knot in the 3-sphere S^3. We show conditions under which
Y admits tight contact structures. We apply Heegaard Floer
theory in proving tightness.

----------

Vera Vertesi

Title:
Legendrian and Transverse Classification of twist knots

Abstract:
In 1997 Chekanov gave the first example of a knot type whose Legendrian
representations are not distinguishable using only the classical
invariants: the 5_2 knot. Epstein, Fuchs and Meyer extended his result
by showing that there are at least n different Legendrian
representations of the (2n+1)_2 knot with maximal Thurston-Bennequin
number. The aim of this talk to give a complete classification of
Legendrian representations of twist knots. In particular the
(2n+1)_2 knot has exactly $\lceil \frac{n^2}{2} \rceil$ Legendrian
representations with  maximal Thurston-Bennequin number. This is a joint
work with John Etnyre and Lenhard Ng.

Organizing Committee :
H. Goda, T. Kalman, T. Kohno, A. Pajitnov