IPMU Mathematics and Physics seminar in Kashiwa

Date: 31 (Thu) July, 2008, 15:30 -- 17:00

Place: Seminar Room at Prefab. B, Kashiwa Campus, the University of Tokyo.

Speaker: Akihiro Tsuchiya (IPMU)

Title: Vertex Operator Algebra with $C_2$-finite conditions and
Logarithmic Conformal Field Theory

Abstract: Recently Logarithmic Conformal Field Theory is getting some
interesting progress.
In this talk I'll explain my recent works about mathematical
foundation of the theory.
In so called rational conformal field theory, the abelian category of
the representations of
chiral algebra (or V.O.A.) is semi-simple, so all representations are
direct sum of simple modules.
We construct conformal field theory based on representation theory of
V.O.A. with $C_2$-finite
conditions. The abelian category of representation of this V.O.A. is
Artin and Noither and
the number of simple modules is finite, but it is not semi-simple. We
define the sheaf of conformal blocks,
and show how the factorization properties are works. Then we can
define fusion tensor category over
the abelian category of representations of this V.O.A. Finally I'll
talk some example called W(p).

Please notice that the Mathematics and Physics seminar will be held at
the "Prefab" of IPMU.
It is located at the next of the prefab of "Frontier Sciences,
Computational Biology"
(情報生命科学実験棟).
You can check the location from

http://www.ipmu.jp/access/img/KashiwaCampusMap.png

The schedule of the seminar can be checked from

http://www.ipmu.jp/seminars/

We welcome the participation of an audience with broad interests.

Best Regards,

the seminar organizers:
Shushi Harashita (IPMU)
Yuji Sano (IPMU)