IPMU Mathematics seminar in Kashiwa

Date: 8 (Thu), May, 2008, 15:30 -- 17:00

Place: Room 630, 6th floor, Research Centers Building,
Kashiwa Campus of the University of Tokyo.

Speaker: Yukinobu Toda (IPMU)

Title: Limit stable objects on Calabi-Yau 3-folds.

Abstract: The purpose of this talk is to introduce the notion of
limit stability on the category of perverse coherent sheaves
on Calabi-Yau 3-folds, and construct new enumerative invariants
of curves via limit stable objects. I will show that such invariants are
generalizations of stable pair invariants introduced by Pandharipande
and Thomas. I will also propose a conjectual wall-crossing formula of
our new invariants, and show that such a formula will solve the rationality
conjecture of the generating functions of stable pair invariants.

The schedule of the seminar can be checked from

http://www.ipmu.jp/seminars/

We welcome the participation of an audience with broad interests.

Best Regards,

the seminar organizers:
Shushi Harashita (IPMU)
Yuji Sano (IPMU)