のでご案内いたします.

深谷賢治

COARSE GEOMETRY

1st Announcement

期間:2004年1月12日(月曜日)〜16日(金曜日)

場所:京都大学理学部数学教室大会議室

プログラム(講演の順番は変更する可能性があります):

               月曜日  火曜日  水曜日   木曜日   金曜日

 10:00〜11:00   Sageev     上村   森吉    太田   Wright

11:30〜12:30   山下     Bell     Wright   Zuk     森吉

14:30〜15:30    王    Sageev   Free  藤原

16:00〜17:00   Bell    Ollivier       石渡

この研究会に引き続き京都Coarse Geometry Schoolが開催されます。
日程は1月18日(日曜日)から20日(火曜日)までです。(School参加希望の大
学院生等に旅費滞在費の援助を行う予定です.希望者は加藤
毅tkato @ kusm.kyoto-u.ac.jpまでご連絡ください.)

講演者:

Gregory C. Bell (Pennsylvania State University) Pennsylvania

 Title: TBA

藤原耕ニ Fujiwara Koji (Tohoku University) Sendai

 Title: CAT(0) dimensions of discrete groups

石渡 聡 Ishiwata Satoshi (Tohoku University) Sendai

 Title: Geometric and analytic properties in the behavior
          of the random walks on nilpotent covering graphs

上村 新吾 Kamimura Shingo (Keio University) Hiyoshi

 Title: TBA

森吉仁志 Moriyoshi Hitoshi (Keio University) Hiyoshi

 Talk 1 Title: TBA

 Talk 2 Title: TBA

太田慎一 Ohta Shin-ichi (Kyoto University) Kyoto

 Title: Regularity of harmonic functions on metric spaces

Yann Ollivier (Universite de Paris-Sud) Orsay

 Title: TBA

Michah Sageev (Technion) Haifa

 Talk 1  Title: CAT(0) cubical complexes in group theory

   We will give an overview of groups acting on CAT(0) cubical complexes
   and discuss how they relate to various other topics in geometric group
theory.

 Talk 2 Title: Maximally symmetric trees

   We will discuss a quasi-isometric rigidity result
   for group actions onbounded valence bushy trees.
   We then discuss how this result,
   together with some results on edge-indexed graphs,
   can be used to characterize the ``best" model
   geometries for the class of virtually free groups.
   This is joint work with Lee Mosher and Kevin Whyte.

王勤 Qin Wang (Dong Hua University) Shanghai

 Title: Ideal Structure of Uniform Roe Algebras of Coarse Spaces

Daniel Wise (McGill University) Montreal (確認中)

Nick Wright (Vanderbilt University) Nashville

 Talk 1  Title: Coarse geometry and $C^*$-algebras

  In this first talk I will introduce the Roe algebra, and discuss
  how this encodes information about the large scale structure of a space.
  I will also talk about the relation with the K-homology of a space.

 Talk 2 Title: $C_0$ coarse geometry and scalar curvature

  In this second talk I will discuss the $C_0$ variant of coarse
  geometry, and I will indicate how coarse geometry can be used to establish
  upper bounds on the scalar curvature content of a space.

山下 靖 Yamashita Yasushi (Nara Women University) Nara

 Title: On Gersten's problem

  Joint work with:

   田村誠   Makoto Tamura (Osaka Sangyo University) Osaka,
   中川義行 Yoshiyuki Nakagawa (Ryukoku University) Kyoto

Andrzej Zuk (Chiago University, ENS Lyon) Chicago, Lyon

 Title: TBA