[geometry-ml:05302] OIST mini course August 29th-September 1st by Professor Kohei Suzuki (Durham University)

Xiaodan Zhou XIAODAN.ZHOU @ OIST.JP
2023年 8月 21日 (月) 09:49:00 JST

Dear all,

This is Xiaodan Zhou from Analysis on metric spaces unit at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University.

We would like to invite you to join virtually the following mini-course hosted at OIST from August 29th (Tuesday)- September 1st (Friday). The speaker is Professor Kohei Suzuki from Durham University. The mini-course is accessible to senior undergraduate students, graduate students and anyone beyond the level.

Title: Metric geometry on the configuration space
Abstract: The configuration space Y(X) over a base space X is the space of all Radon point measures on X. The space Y(X) has been studied in many fields such as algebraic geometry (e.g., the hyperplane arrangement with X=Grassmannian), algebraic topology (e.g., the braid group with X=Euclidean plane), representation theory (e.g., the L^2-representation of diffeomorphism groups on manifolds X), statistical physics (e.g., interacting particle diffusions with X=Euclidean space). In this series of lectures, I will focus on the metric geometry of Y(X) induced by the 2-Wasserstein distance. As Y(X) does not support the volume doubling property, the established theory of PI spaces does not apply. The goal of the series is to elaborate on

• Metric geometry on Y(X);
• Curvature analysis on Y(X);
• Applications to infinite particle diffusion processes (including e.g. infinite particle Dyson Brownian motion);
• Open questions.

Lecture 1 | August 29, 2023  10:00 - 11:00
Lecture 2 | August 30, 2023  10:00 - 11:00
Lecture 3 | August 31, 2023  10:00 - 11:00
Lecture 4 | September 1, 2023  10:00 - 11:00

You can obtain a zoom link through the following registration page:
https://oist.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEkduyopzwuGdKMEyD95VOR0ZkB3D_VrN2q#/registration

Please feel free to forward the information to anyone who may be interested. We look forward to seeing you in the lecture.

Best regards,
Xiaodan Zhou

Analysis on Metric Spaces Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp<mailto:xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp>

https://groups.oist.jp/aoms