Xiangang Wan, and Haruki Watanabe, Phys. Rev. Lett. 129, 027001 (2022).

Speaker: Yuji Hirono (Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics)
Title: Structures and functions of chemical reaction networks
Date/Time: 16:00-17:30, Friday, November 25, 2022
Abstract: Chemical reactions form a large web of networks inside living
cells and they are responsible for physiological functions. Understanding
the behavior of complex reaction networks is a challenging and interesting
problem. In this talk, I would like to illustrate how the techniques used
in algebraic topology can shed light on the relationship between structures
and functions of chemical reaction systems. In particular, we will discuss
the following two problems: (1) response of reaction systems to external
perturbations and (2) simplification of complex reaction networks without
altering the behavior of the system.

Speaker: Ching-Kai Chiu (RIKEN)
Title: TBA
Date/Time: 16:00-17:30, Friday, December 23, 2022