-------------------------------------
Date: 20 Sept 2022, 16:30-18:00
Speaker: Leo Yoshioka (The University of Tokyo)
Title: Higher-loop BCR graphs and non-trivial cocycles of the space of long knots
Room: A-401, Faculty of Science, Shinshu University
Abstract:
A long knot is an embedding of j-ball into n-ball, which is standard near the boundary. In this talk we introduce a way to construct some cocycles of the space of long knots by integration associated with graphs. This kind of approach, known as configuration space integral, has its quantum field theoretical origin in E.Witten's work and its mathematical formulation has been developed by M.Kontsevich, D.Bar-Natan, R.Bott, C.Taubes, G.Kuperberg, D.Thurston, A.S.Cattaneo, C.A.Rossi and so on, from 1990s to 2000s. Recently, this approach has been gathering attention again, since T. Watanabe in 2018, after a series of his works, disproved the 4 dimensional Smale conjecture.
We use similar graphs to those of Bott, Cattaneo and Rossi (BCR), but our graphs have more loops than theirs. Using such higher-loop graphs plays an essential role in getting cocycles of higher degree when the codimension is 2. The process itself of applying higher-loop BCR graphs was already considered by K. Sakai, though any non-trivial cocycles corresponding to higher loop graphs has not been given so far.
In this talk, we construct a 1-cocycle of the space of long 2-knots associated with 2-loop BCR graphs and show non-triviality of it by paring with an explicitly constructed 1-cycle. As a corollary, we gives a non-trivial S1 family of the trivial long 2-knot.

奮ってご参加ください.
情報の更新はメールまたは下記 web ページにてお知らせいたします.

http://math.shinshu-u.ac.jp/~topology/seminar/

信州トポロジーセミナーでは、講演者を随時募集しております.