[geometry-ml:04708] Re: CREST Seminar

Yasuyuki Kawahigashi yasuyuki @ ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp
2022年 5月 23日 (月) 21:12:48 JST

皆様,
CREST オンラインセミナーの次回講演は以下のようになります.普段より時間が30
分遅いのでご注意ください.

Speaker: Yuya Tanizaki (Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics, Kyoto
University)
Title: Semiclassics with 't Hooft flux and confinement of 4d gauge theories
via center vortices
Date/Time: 16:30-18:00, Friday, June 10, 2022 (The time slot is different
from the usual one.)
Abstract:Confinement of 4d gauge theories is usually the strong-coupling
problem, and it is a difficult task to understand even its qualitative
features. We are developing its semiclassical understanding based on the
idea of volume independence or adiabatic continuity. We conjecture that the
strong-coupling regime of many 4d gauge theories is continuously connected
to the weak-coupling theories on small R2xT2 with the nontrivial ‘t Hooft
flux. As a partial justification, we explicitly confirm that the dilute gas
of center vortices can describe the fractional theta periodicity for pure
YM theory and the chiral Lagrangian for QCD in this small T2 regime. We
also uncover why this is possible in view of the 't Hooft anomaly matching
condition.

Zoom リンクご希望の方は下記ページで登録をお願いします.(リンクは毎回同じで
すので登録済みの方は再登録は不要です.)
https://www.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~yasuyuki/crest-seminar.htm
河東泰之