[geometry-ml:04411] OIST Analysis on metric spaces seminar this week

Xiaodan Zhou XIAODAN.ZHOU @ OIST.JP
2021年 8月 9日 (月) 10:00:07 JST

Dear all,

This is Xiaodan Zhou from Analysis on metric spaces unit at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University.

The next talk of our seminar is scheduled on this coming Wednesday, August 11th 9 am.

Speaker: Piotr Hajlasz, University of Pittsburgh

Title: Lipschitz mappings, metric differentiability, and factorization through metric trees

Abstract: Given a Lipschitz map $f$ from a cube into a metric space, we find several equivalent conditions for $f$ to have a Lipschitz factorization through a metric tree. As an application we prove a recent conjecture of David and Schul. The techniques developed for the proof of the factorization result yield several other new and seemingly unrelated results. We prove that if $f$ is a Lipschitz mapping from an open set in $\mathbb{R}^n$ onto a metric space $X$, then the topological dimension of $X$ equals $n$ if and only if $X$ has positive $n$-dimensional Hausdorff measure. We also prove an area formula for length-preserving maps between metric spaces, which gives, in particular, a new formula for integration on countably rectifiable sets in the Heisenberg group. The talk is based on my recent joint paper with my graduate student Behnam Esmayli.

You can obtain a zoom link through the following registration page:
https://oist.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0vd-ChrTMvHtSObiZm_tBf6cJA4i5DRf4G

More information of the seminar can be found here:
https://groups.oist.jp/aoms/2021-summer-analysis-metric-spaces-seminar-0

Please feel free to contact me if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Xiaodan Zhou

Analysis on Metric Spaces Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp<mailto:xiaodan.zhou @ oist.jp>

https://groups.oist.jp/aoms