[geometry-ml:03273] Strings 2018 & String-Math 2018 登録開始

Hirosi Ooguri h.ooguri @ gmail.com
2018年 2月 17日 (土) 03:30:07 JST

皆様、

今年の6月に開催される Strings 2018 と String-Math 2018 の登録が開始されました。若手の補助もありますので、
ふるってご参加ください。詳細は以下をご覧ください。

大栗博司

Dear Colleagues,

String-Math 2018 and Strings 2018 will take place in Japan in the weeks of
June 18 – 22 and June 25 – 29, respectively. The registrations for both
conferences are open. We have made efforts to lower their registration
fees, and we have raised funds to support graduate students and
postdoctoral fellows. Details are as follows. To take advantage of the
discounted registration fees and the financial supports for students and
postdocs, please encourage your colleagues and students to sign up before
the deadlines.

Strings 2018 (https://indico.oist.jp/strings2018):

Early registration deadline is on April 15.

Students: 12,000 yen (approx. 110 US$),

Others: 20,000 yen (approx. 180 US$)

We have established the Strings 2018 Fellowship to support *up to 18* *graduate
students and postdoctoral fellows*, selected from Gong Show applicants. The
Fellowship will cover their round-trip economy class airfares. The
application deadline is on March 31 (Note: it is earlier than the early
registration deadline).

Details can be found at https://indico.oist.jp/indico/event/5/page/10  .

For inquiries on administrative matter (e.g., registration or logistics),
please contact the conference secretariat at string_admin @ oist.jp.

String-Math 2018 (http://www.tfc.tohoku.ac.jp/event/4200.html):

Early registration deadline is on April 13.

Students: 7,000 yen (approx. 63 US$),

Others: 13,000 yen (approx. 120 US$)

We have fund to support approximately 10 young participants selected from
poster session applicants. The fund will cover their hotel rooms during the
conference. The application deadline is on March 20 (Note: it is earlier
than the early registration deadline).

Details can be found at http://www.tfc.tohoku.ac.jp/event/4200.html .

For inquiries on administrative matter (e.g., registration or logistics),
please contact the conference secretariat at srm18_sec @ ml.tohoku.ac.jp.

Regards,  Hirosi

On behalf of the organizers of Strings 2018 and String-Math 2018

Hirosi Ooguri    http://ooguri.caltech.edu

Fred Kavli Professor of Theoretical Physics and Mathematics
Director of the Walter Burke Institute for Theoretical Physics
California Institute of Technology

Principal Investigator

Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe

The University of Tokyo

President

Aspen Center for Physics