[geometry-ml:02272] MS seminar in IPMU -- Feb 5 -- Alexei Rosly (ITEP, HSE)

Todor Milanov todor.milanov @ ipmu.jp
2015年 1月 30日 (金) 09:05:47 JST

Dear all,

I would like to announce the following Mathematics and String theory seminar in IPMU.

Speaker: Alexei Rosly (ITEP Moscow, HSE Moscow)
Title: On self-dual Yang-Mills theory
Time: Thu, Feb 05, 2015, 13:30 - 15:00
Place: Kavli IPMU, Seminar Room B

Abstract:

We shall discuss a first-order gauge theory whose equations of motion
are the self-duality equations. There are reasons to regard this theory
as a "part" of standard YM Lagrangian responsible for "mostly plus"
scattering amplitudes. The quantum properties of this self-dual theory
are peculiarly simple, but still instructive, and hint at a possible
complete solvabillity. This type of theory, on one hand, can be related
to a certain limit of (twisted) N=2 super Yang-Mills theory, while, on
the other hand, it is equivalent to a holomorphic Chern-Simons type
theory on twistor space classically and presumably quantum mechanically.

Todor Eliseev Milanov
Associate Professor
Kavli IPMU,  Japan

todor.milanov @ ipmu.jp