Speaker: Benjamin Hennion (U Montpellier )
Date: Wed, Dec 03, 2014
Time: 13:15 - 14:45
Place: Kavli IPMU, Seminar Room B

Title: Higher dimensional formal loop spaces

Abstract: To a symplectic manifold M one associates the space of smooth loop in M. Although of infinite dimension, it inheri
ts a (quasi-)symplectic structure from that of M.  An algebraic analogue to the space of smooth loops has been introduced by
 Kapranov and Vasserot. In this talk, we will define higher dimensional formal loop spaces generalizing that of K and V. We
will then develop an appropriate context in which symplectic forms on those infinite dimensional algebraic objects make sens
e. This makes use of symplectic shifted derived algebraic geometry as introduced by Pantev, Toën, Vaquié and Vezzosi.  Dur
ing this presentation, we will need to introduce Tate modules. Those are infinite dimensional modules which behave nicely re
garding duality.

Todor Eliseev Milanov
Assistant Professor
Kavli IPMU,  Japan