Title:Representations on the cohomology of hypersurfaces and mirror symmetry

Date:Wed, Dec 18, 2013, 13:15 - 14:45

Place:Seminar Room B

Abstract:String theory predicts that Calabi-Yau spaces occur in
'mirror' pairs $(X,Y)$. When $X$ and $Y$ are smooth this means that
the Hodge diamond of $X$ is the mirror image of the Hodge diamond of
$Y$. We present a new construction that produces infinitely many new
'mirror' pairs of Calabi-Yau orbifolds, and give an explicit
description of the corresponding Hodge diamonds. The key is a more
general representation theoretic result. Namely, we give an explicit
description of the representation of a finite group acting on the
cohomology of a hypersurface of a projective toric variety.

You can check the location from
http://www.ipmu.jp/access-0
The schedule of the seminar can be checked from
http://db.ipmu.jp/seminar/