Speaker: Jeremiah Heller (Bergische Universität Wuppertal)

Date:  Feb 10, 15:30-17:00

Place: Seminar room A

Title: Atiyah-Hirzebruch spectral sequences for real varieties

Abstract:
In joint work with M. Voineagu, we construct a map between the spectral
sequence relating motivic cohomology and algebraic $K$-theory for real
varieties and Dugger's spectral sequence (also known as the slice
spectral sequence)
which relates Bredon cohomology and Atiyah's real $K$-theory. We construct
an intermediate "semi-topological" spectral sequence relating real
morphic cohomology and real semi-topological $K$-theory. In some cases
the spectral sequences constructed here allows the computation of the
real semi-topological $K$-theory of some real varieties in terms of
Atiyah's real $K$-theory. As another application, we give a simple
alternative proof of the Lichtenbaum-Quillen conjecture over the reals
which avoids the technical difficulties caused by the nonconvergence
of the etale Atiyah-Hirzebruch spectral sequence for real varieties.
You can check the location from
http://www.ipmu.jp/access-0
The schedule of the seminar can be checked from
http://db.ipmu.jp/seminar/