---------------------------------------
Date: Feb 8 13:15-14:45
Title: Subgroups of Cremona groups I
Place: Seminar room A
Abstract:
Cremona group is the group of automorphisms
of the rational function field C(t_1,t_2,..., t_n).
In this lecture I describe the method that
allow  to find finite subgroups of the Cremona group.
I introduce minimal models (G-Fano-Mori models)
and  outline the classification in dimension 2.
Relation to the notion of essential dimension
of groups will also discussed.