Seminar: algebraic geometry seminar
Date: March 12
Place: Room 152, Building 3, Faculty of Science, Kyoto University
Time: 10:30 -- 12:00
Speaker: Thorsten Weist (Wuppertal)
Title: Localization in quiver moduli spaces
Abstract: Torus fixed points of quiver moduli spaces are given by
stable representations of the universal covering quiver. As far as the
Kronecker quiver is concerned they can be described by stable
representations of certain bipartite quivers coming along with a
stable colouring. By use of the glueing method it is possible to
construct a huge class of such quivers implying a lower bound for the
Euler characteristic. For certain roots it is even possible to
construct all torus fixed points. Moreover, for each root of the
generalized Kronecker quiver it is possible to construct
indecomposable tree modules of the Kronecker quiver.

Time:13:00 -- 14:30
Speaker: Jacopo Stoppa (Cambridge)
Title : Some higher-rank sheaves on Calabi-Yau threefolds and
Gromov-Witten invariants
Abstract: I will describe a correspondence between some special
Donaldson-Thomas invariants on a Calabi-Yau 3-fold (essentially
counting 0-dimensional perturbations of the trivial vector bundle of
arbitrary rank) and Gromov-Witten invariants counting rational curves
on blowups of a weighted projective plane. This correspondence extends
one found by Gross-Pandharipande where instead of sheaves one has
representations of Kronecker quivers.

URL Info:http://www.math.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~mhyo/agsem/agseminar.html
Seminar: differential topology seminar