IPMU Mathematics and Physics seminar in Kashiwa

Date: 25 (Wed) June, 2008, 13:30 -- 15:00
(NOTICE: This talk will be held on "Wednesday" and will
begin earlier than usual.)

Place: Seminar Room at Prefab. B, Kashiwa Campus, the University of Tokyo.

Speaker: J.Manuel Garcia-Islas (National Autonomous University of Mexico)

Title: Spin foam models of quantum gravity

Abstract: In this talk we give an introduction to the spin
foam models of quantum gravity which are the covariant version
of loop quantum gravtiy(LQG). Spin foam models are mathematically
rigourous and we will show how in particular cases they are related
to topological quantum field theories. We will also describe a recent novel way
introduced by the presenter for the first time
to interpret black hole entropy in these models.
IPMU Mathematics and Physics seminar in Kashiwa