Geometry List様、

下の講演をListに加えてくださるようお願いいたします。

山田澄生
東北大学数学専攻助教授
////////////////////////

東北大の21世紀COE 「物質階層融合科学」 セミナー、及び
東北大理学研究科数学専攻談話会
2月14日 4−5pm 川井ホール

"Current directions in mathematical general relativity"

Abstract: This talk will survey recent progress and current directions
in
the mathematical theory of General Relativity. We will mainly emphasize
the initial value problem for asymptotically flat spacetimes, including
the geometry of the constraint equations and the conserved quantities
for
the Einstein equations. We will describe new methods of solving the
constraint equations which yield information about the asymptotic
behavior
of solutions. In particular, they give new insight into the asymptotic
physical quanitites, the total energy, linear and angular momentum.